Add Toolbar - Thunderbird
I have been working on the toolbar mode for the Send Later Extension and I realized something…
Unlike Firefox, you can’t add a new custom toolbar to Thunderbird’s user interface, so no matter how many buttons you’ve got, you are stuck putting them in the existing locations. That just plain useless. Apparently this “feature” has been missing in action for quite some time.. and there is talk of it coming through in Thunderbird 3.0..
Say what ??
Anyway, I couldn’t wait around that long, so I whipped up another teeny weeny extension that brings the same functionality as the Add New Toolbar button in Firefox. I must admit I have borrowed some of the code from Firefox source itself.. Though I have had to do some ‘hacks’ to position the button and get a locale value.
Add Custom Toolbar for Thunderbird - 0.1.0
You can download the extension from http://downloads.unsignedbyte.com/tbaddtoolbar/tbaddtoolbar.xpi. You will need to save it your hard disk and then install it from Thunderbird Extension Manager.
Anyway instructions are as standard:
Instructions for installing:
- Right click on the link and choose “Save Link As…” or “Save Target As…”.
- Choose a file path on your hard disk. [Desktop/Home folder is fine too].
- In Thunderbird, goto Tools -> Extensions or Tools -> Add ons.
- Choose Install, locate the the TBADDTOOLBAR.XPI file you saved in step 2.
- Restart Thunderbird.
- Run Thunderbird.
- Goto View -> Toolbars -> Customize
- Click Add New Toolbar.
- Enter a toolbar name
- Drop items onto the new toolbar
Note: If you don’t add any items onto a toolbar / the toolbar is empty, it will disappear [Magically]
For any comments and discussion please visit these posts :